Table of contents:
- LinkedIn B2B Lead Gen Software: a brief intro
- Common LinkedIn marketing stats you should know
- LinkedIn Lead Generation: a step by step guide
- Types of LinkedIn Lead Generation Tools
- Outreachly as an AI-powered, Integrated LinkedIn B2B Lead Generation tool of your choice
LinkedIn lead generation can be tricky if you aren’t using messages and tools that steer clear of spamming and other behaviour that goes against the esteemed platform’s policies. That’s why sticking to the best practices of LinkedIn communication is essential.
So how does one get started with LinkedIn B2B lead generation?
This article will cover everything you need to know about LinkedIn B2B lead generation software, what it does and best practices on how to use it right.
Are you looking to ensure a successful LinkedIn customer journey? Read on to discover tools and best practices for effective LinkedIn B2B lead generation.
LinkedIn B2B Lead Gen Software: a brief intro
LinkedIn lead generation has become an integral part of a marketer’s toolkit, but things haven’t always been this way. After the platform was introduced in 2003, its continuous growth meant legions of professionals were available for networking opportunities all in one place. But it wasn’t just recruiters that saw the platform’s potential; marketers were also seizing the opportunity to reach out to decision-makers that could use their products or services.
For the marketer, volume is everything. LinkedIn lead generation tools came into play as businesses needed to reach more people faster. As of 2022, LinkedIn has around 810 million users. For companies to get a significant ROI on their LinkedIn outreach, there was a need to automate repetitive lead generation tasks such as connection requests and messaging. Although necessary, these tasks are quite time-consuming, leaving marketing teams with less time to complete revenue-generating tasks.
Common LinkedIn marketing stats you should know
Linkedin lead generation has garnered more popularity as social media marketing, and marketing automation has become the standard practice worldwide. Today, there are many automation solutions for businesses to choose from, and the trend keeps growing due to their success.
Here are some common statistics about automated LinkedIn lead generation to help you appreciate how much impact the LinkedIn marketing trend has on business today:
- There are 58 million companies on LinkedIn, according to the stats published on their website
- According to LinkedIn, every 4 out of 5 people on the platform are actively involved in business decision-making
- Marketers reportedly see up to 2x higher conversion rates on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn ads can reach 14.6% of the world’s population in professional circles
- Brands leveraging LinkedIn ad exposure have seen a 33% increase in purchase intent
- LinkedIn saw a 43% year-over-year increase in Marketing Solutions revenue in Q2 FY22
- About 40% of B2B marketers surveyed indicated LinkedIn as the most effective channel for driving high-quality leads
- 93% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic social marketing and are happy with it
- 77% of content marketers say LinkedIn produces the best organic results compared to other top social networks, including Facebook
- Companies that post weekly on LinkedIn see a 2x higher engagement rate than those that are less active on the platform
LinkedIn Lead Generation: a step by step guide
Before starting your LinkedIn lead generation journey, you need to complete a couple of preparatory steps:
- Optimise your LinkedIn profile: here’s how
- Identify your target audience and develop a strategy to target them with your outreach
Prepare the assets: creatives, messaging and tools.
Types of LinkedIn Lead Generation Tools
When selecting a lead gen tool for your campaigns, you need to match the tools you invest in to your LinkedIn outreach goals. The best way to do that is to understand the tools available to you. What do they do? And how do they help your team be more productive?
Here is a list of the types of LinkedIn lead generation software available:
LinkedIn automation can be done through browser extensions or plugins e.g. Chrome extensions. The browser extension is a small software module that can be added to your browser to expand your LinkedIn capabilities. Sometimes it’s installed directly on your computer. However, the browser has to be running for you to use the extension.
The benefits of browser extensions are plenty. They are:
- Easy to install.
- Easy to use and learn.
- Helpful in promoting time savings.
- Useful for targeted LinkedIn outreach.
- Good for scheduling consistent and timely engagement.
- Are useful in automating instant replies in LinkedIn InMail.
The downside of using browser extensions includes the following cons:
- You can’t run the tool 24/7.
- They rely on browser caching and use different IP addresses every time you log in. This raises red flags
- Extensions often have limited functions.