Table of contents:
- Why Do B2B Sales Reps Need Fresh B2B Lead Generation Ideas
- How is LinkedIn Lead Generation Different from Other Channels?
- What to Take Into Account in Your LinkedIn B2B Lead Generation Efforts
- 5 B2B Lead Generation Ideas for Successful LinkedIn
- How Outreachly Helps Your Lead Generation Strategies
- LinkedIn boasts 65 million business decision-makers on the platform compared to Facebook’s 5.48%.
- There are over 2 million active groups, with each LinkedIn user being allowed to join up to 100 groups.
- LinkedIn ads can reach over 808 million people, or 16.3% of the total global internet users.
- Ahrefs ranks LinkedIn 17th in most visited websites, with monthly search traffic of 281,297,942.
- Venture capitalists
- Key top-level managers
- Product managers
- Company founders and cofounders.
- Audience: Who are you trying to reach with your LinkedIn lead generation efforts? The more specific you can get with your audience, the more likely you’ll get the results you’re looking for. If you sell products or services to other businesses, then make sure to target professionals in similar industries.
- Length of the campaign: A typical LinkedIn lead generation campaign lasts between 3-6 months. How fast do you need results?
- Content: What type of content are you publishing on LinkedIn? Make sure it ties back to your business in some way.
- Call-to-Action: What do you want people to do after reading your content? What action do you want them to take? What’s your goal with your lead generation efforts?
Breaking way into LinkedIn lead generation isn’t something that can be done in a day. Right from the start, LinkedIn offers a unique audience that’s totally different from Instagram and Twitter audiences. LinkedIn is home to professionals from all walks of life. The platform is essentially a safe space where industry experts, thought leaders, executives, and key business decision-makers share their expertise in thought-provoking conversations.
B2B marketers and sales are taking the opportunity to join in conversations with these industry experts with the goal of turning them into buying customers. 78% of B2B marketers rate LinkedIn as the most effective social platform that helps achieve their business goals. But just like any other social media platform, generating leads on LinkedIn demands time and energy. What’s more, prospects no longer respond to the same old general advertisements or mass marketing campaigns.
Instead, they seek the information they need from company pages, the LinkedIn feed, and industry updates, alongside other online resources, to learn about products and services of interest to them. In this article, we’ll share 5 B2B lead generation ideas for a successful LinkedIn lead generation campaign.
Why Do B2B Sales Reps Need Fresh B2B Lead Generation Ideas
Sales reps need fresh B2B lead generation ideas to break through the noise and connect with potential customers who actually want to hear from them.
It’s the sales team that brings in the revenue to keep the business thriving. But in order for them to do their job effectively, they need the right tools and resources at their disposal. Unfortunately, using the same old playbook won’t work anymore.
Salespeople need new innovative lead generation tactics up their sleeves to cut through the noise and reach their target audience.
How is LinkedIn Lead Generation Different from Other Channels?
Whereas a large percentage of consumers are on Facebook, LinkedIn is tailored toward a business-first audience who are actively looking for and considering new products or services. In fact, the audience is LinkedIn’s superpower. It’s different from audiences in other channels in many ways.
From this, it’s easy to see why LinkedIn is a key player in your lead generation strategy. Some of the most frequent LinkedIn users include:
LinkedIn is a great place to find B2B leads, but it’s important to know how to use it the right way. The platform is designed to be used for business networking. This means that you should concentrate on forming relationships with other professionals rather than selling to them right away.
What to Take Into Account in Your LinkedIn B2B Lead Generation Efforts
There are some essential factors to keep in mind before initiating your LinkedIn B2B lead generation efforts:
Value: Are you providing real value to your readers? How so? You can start by proving value with a few lead magnets examples, such as free trials.