Table of contents:
LinkedIn has emerged as a powerful lead generation tool for B2B companies. However, to generate leads on LinkedIn, you need to know how to segment your audience. In this blog post, we’ll explore how you can segment your leads on LinkedIn and how to target them effectively. So, if you’re ready to start generating leads on LinkedIn, keep reading!
Why is Lead Segmentation important for LinkedIn lead generation?
Lead segmentation is essential for LinkedIn lead generation. There are best-practice ways to segment leads on LinkedIn, and each has its benefits. We’ll show how they can help you boost your business outcomes.
What is lead segmentation?
Lead segmentation is the process of dividing your leads into groups based on shared characteristics. By segmenting your leads, you can more easily target your marketing and sales efforts to the specific needs of each group. There are several different criteria that you can use for LinkedIn audience targeting and lead segmentation.
Here are just some options you can look at to narrow down your target audience:
- Geographic location,
- Job title,
- Buying behaviours.
The key is to identify the most important characteristics of your business and then group your leads accordingly. B2B marketers are always looking for ways to segment their leads more effectively because, with a well-segmented list of qualified leads, you can be sure that you are reaching your target market with laser-like precision.
Statistics on Lead segmentation for B2B
After all, the better you can target your marketing efforts, the more likely you are to generate quality leads. And when it comes to lead segmentation, no shortage of statistics shows just how important it is. For example, 65% of B2B buyers choose a vendor that has knowledge of the buyer’s company and needs over other vendors and you can get into this 65% B2B buyers with lead segmentation. Imagine how efficient you’ll be with lead segmentation on LinkedIn. Additionally, companies that use lead segmentation are 7x more likely to generate higher quality leads.
Why is lead segmentation important for qualified leads?
Segmenting your leads is essential because it allows you to effectively target your marketing and sales efforts. By identifying which leads are most likely to convert, you can focus your attention on those prospects and create more customised messages that are more likely to resonate. In addition, LinkedIn customer segments can help you identify when a lead is ready to buy, meaning you can avoid wasting time on unqualified leads who are not yet prepared to purchase. Ultimately, lead segmentation is crucial because it lets you focus your resources better and create more personalised messages, leading to more qualified leads and higher conversion rates.
What’s different for LinkedIn lead segmentation compared to other lead gen channels?
There are a few key ways that LinkedIn lead segmentation differs from other lead generation channels.
- First, LinkedIn allows you to segment your leads based on specific criteria, such as job title, company size, or industry. This means that you can effectively target your marketing and sales efforts, and you’re more likely to convert leads into customers.
- Secondly, LinkedIn provides a high level of data on each lead, which makes it easier to score and prioritise leads.
- Finally, LinkedIn offers several powerful tools for nurturing and converting leads, such as InMail and LinkedIn Sales Navigator. These tools make it easy to stay in touch with leads and move them through the sales process. As a result, LinkedIn is a highly effective channel for generating qualified leads.
Lead segmentation on LinkedIn: A step-by-step guide
LinkedIn can be a potent tool for lead generation. But, if you’re not using lead segmentation, you’re missing out on many potential leads.
How to create lists to gain qualified leads with LinkedIn segmentation
This step-by-step guide will show you how to create a list and use LinkedIn lead segments to filter and target your most qualified leads. In addition to that, we’ll also look at how to use tags in LinkedIn Segmentation. Let’s get started!
6 Steps to Create Lists as Groups
- Go to the LinkedIn homepage and click on the “Network” tab.
- Under “Groups,” click on “Create a New Group.”
- In the “Group Name” field, type in the name of your target school.
- Click the “Public or Private” button and select “Private.”
- Click on the blue “Create Group” button.
- You will now be taken to your new group’s homepage. On the right-hand side of the page, you will see a box that says, “Add Members.”
5 Steps to Create Lists with Connections / List Management
Alternately, you can create a list on LinkedIn by following these steps:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and click on the “My Network” tab at the top of the page.
- In the “Filter” drop-down menu, select “Connections.”
- Click on the “Manage lists” button and select “Create list.”
- Give your list a name (e.g., “Potential Customers”) and add a description if desired.
- Select the connections you want to add to the list and click “Save.”
What are tags in LinkedIn segmentation?
In LinkedIn Segmentation, tags help you organise your connections into groups so you can easily target them with specific content. For example, you might tag all of your connections who work in the same industry so that you can easily send them articles and other content that would be relevant to their work. You can also use tags to segment your connections by location, company size, or any other criteria you choose. LinkedIn provides a default set of tags, or you can create your custom tags. Tags are a helpful way to segment your LinkedIn connections and ensure that you’re sending them relevant and valuable content.
8 Best Tips for LinkedIn B2B Lead Segmentation on LinkedIn to Generate Qualified Leads
If you’re like most businesses, you’re always looking for ways to generate more leads. And if you’re B2B, LinkedIn is a great place to start. But simply being active on LinkedIn isn’t enough to guarantee success. You also need to make sure you’re segmenting your leads properly. Here are eight tips to help you get the most out of LinkedIn B2B lead segmentation:
- Define your target audience: The first step in any lead segmentation process is identifying your target audience. Who are you trying to reach with your LinkedIn campaigns? What are their demographics, interests, and needs? Once you clearly understand your target audience, you can narrow down your lead list.
- Use LinkedIn targeting options: LinkedIn offers several powerful targeting options that can be used to segment your leads. For example, you can target leads by job title, location, or company size. You can also use keywords to reach leads who have expressed interest in particular topics.
- Consider lead scoring: Lead scoring is a valuable tool for segmenting leads on LinkedIn. You can prioritise the most promising leads by assigning a score to each lead based on factors like engagement and profile completeness.
- Create targeted content: Once you’ve segmented your leads, creating targeted content that resonates with each group is essential. For example, what kind of content will appeal to your different lead segments? How can you customise your messages to address their specific needs?
- Test and refine your approach: As with any marketing strategy, it’s essential to test and refine your approach to LinkedIn lead segmentation. Try different targeting options and content types to see what works best for your business. Then, adjust your strategy based on the results you achieve. By following these tips, you can create more effective LinkedIn campaigns that generate better results for your business.
- Use LinkedIn Groups to connect with prospects. LinkedIn Groups are a great way to connect with potential customers and build relationships. Find groups that are relevant to your business and start participating in the conversations taking place there.
- Host webinars and events. Webinars and events are great opportunities to engage with potential customers and build trust. If you can offer valuable content that helps solve their problems, they’ll be more likely to do business with you down the road.
- Stay top of mind with nurture campaigns. Keep your business top of mind by staying in touch with your leads through email nurture campaigns even after they’ve become customers. Share helpful resources, special offers, and new developments in your industry that will help them succeed in their businesses.
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for lead segmentation. Now that you know how to approach LinkedIn lead segmentation, you’re well on generating more leads and growing your business. You can target your leads more effectively by understanding how LinkedIn works and using the right tools. Also, If you want to get more out of LinkedIn, Outreachly’s AI-powered lead generation software can help you target your leads more effectively.
Our AI software has in its arsenal a Lead Segmentation tool that will land you guaranteed qualified leads, and the best part of it all – you can sign up for a service that will cost you nothing if we don’t deliver. If you need assistance with targeting, content creation, or any part of your LinkedIn lead generation campaign or social media marketing in general, feel free to contact us today. We’re always happy to help!